Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cross Country

Oh No! I hoped this day would never come, but it has. It's Cross Country. The worst day of the year. Hope its postponed.

"Everybody line up outside please" called Miss Garden. "Cross Country is on" I cry in my head.I know I won't be able to finish it, I'll come last.

"Ten year old girls at the start line please". That's me. I start walking up in fear of the run. Oh I'm starting get butterflies and before I know it, I hear BANG !!! I start running and already I feel puffed out, with everybody watching it makes me even more nervous.

I need to keep going if I want to come in the top 5. I begin doing a little spurt past some girls as my breath is coming hard."Come on Kayla, your nearly there"I hear as I run. The finish line!!! I can see it. Now my legs start to power up the hill to finish.

"Keep running"I tell myself. I can hear people cheering for me. I have done it I've crossed the finish line knowing that I haven't come last. I came 5th. I'm so proud.

I really enjoyed Cross Country even though it was the longest, hardest and muddiest run, I still think I came a really good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment